Kirkham Grammar School provides a caring, secure environment where the highest priority is given to the pursuit of academic excellence and the fulfilment of each pupil's potential. Our vision of education, however, encompasses a breadth of educational opportunities including sporting, creative and cultural opportunities. Throughout their school career we seek to provide our pupils with a stimulating and supportive environment that promotes both self-respect and respect for others within the spirit of its broad Christian ethos. The school and its pupils will remain committed to working with the local community in a positive manner.
In order to achieve this we aspire to:
- Provide a caring, secure family based environment dedicated to fulfilling each pupil's individual potential.
- Provide a stimulating environment where it is exciting to learn and develop skills both within the classroom and in a wide array of varied extra-curricular activities.
- Support all our pupils through our pastoral system ensuring a happy and safe community where everyone feels valued.
- Promote leadership potential and afford opportunities to exercise responsibilities while maintaining awareness of the needs of everyone, both within the school and outside.
- Promote a spirit of enquiry in technology, scientific development, linguistic ideas and artistic creativity, and to develop these increasingly through independent study.
- Guide pupils successfully towards the next phase of their career either at university, college, or in the world of work.
- Celebrate achievement in all areas.
- Develop all employees through professional development.
- Provide equality of opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, sexual orientation, gender or disability.
- Maintain the Christian ethos of the school and continue to develop its role within the local community.
Promote excellence in all areas while supporting those who may require support.